There are 196 countries in the world today, which can make traveling difficult. We are faced with an overwhelming dilemma to choose a location, but how do we do so? Our decision is influenced by cuisine, architecture, culture, history, but most importantly the view. Here at VUE Magazine, we have come up with 12 hotel rooms and villas with a ‘vue’ like no other. However, when it comes to scenery, there are few things that can emulate the wonders of nature. And so, we have curated a selection of the most extravagant and surreal locations across the world where the marvels of the environment are sure to steal your eyes, and your heart.
1. Hermitage Bay, St. Mary’s, AntiguaLodged in the tropical hillside of Antigua lies Hermitage Bay, encircled by the translucent water of the West Indies. The hillside pool suites reveal a vast view of the Caribbean Sea and local wildlife; the VUE team can attest to the suite’s clarity and serenity. Ideal for a secluded romantic getaway, the 30-suite resort places emphasis on ‘being human’ and embracing one’s surroundings.
2. Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort, Saariselkä, FinlandWitness the Northern lights and star constellations underneath a glass igloo. The miraculous aurora can be seen under domes of thermal glass, so even if it’s cold outside, it’s warm and snug inside. No city lights are there to spoil the view, so lie back and enjoy nature’s very own firework display. The igloos also include private saunas and fireplaces for extra comfort.
3. Mukul Beach, Tola, NicaraguaIn a spacious, canopy style resort, the Beach Villas of Mukul Beach lie on a private oasis on the Emerald Coast. The Pacific Ocean is in your backyard and the white sand is just seconds away. Though the country itself is somewhat underappreciated by many travelers, the experience at Mukul allows guests to immerse themselves in the beauty of the tropics through massive-scale windows. The ample villas represent the perfect harmony between the coast and the bedroom.
4. Grand Hotel Tremezzo, Lake Como, Italy
In the Italian region of Lombardy, Suite Aurelia is surrounded by green hills and steep mountains. Guests can indulge on the local honey and homemade salami with a panoramic view of Lake Como that never fails to impress perhaps with a glass of wine alongside. The lake’s irresistible charm has attracted celebrities like George Clooney and Julia Roberts to purchase their own villas on the shore. Che Bella.
5. Viceroy Bali, Bali, Indonesia
Amongst the rice paddies and steep ravines of Ubud, the Deluxe Terrace Villas overlook the dense treetops of Bali. In an elevated Balinese gazebo, guests have the treat of overlooking Ubud’s Petanu River gorge, complemented by crisp, forest air. Feel as though you are suspended in the air while wading in infinity pools that overlook the Indonesian foothills, or go for a swim inside the villa and let your troubles dissipate from the moment.
6. Tschuggen Grand Hotel, Arosa, Switzerland
Not too far from northern Italy are the Family Suites of the Tschuggen Grand Hotel. Embedded in the Alpine resort village of Arosa, the Tschuggen offers spectacular views of powdered mountains where skiers can rejoice over perfect conditions. When the day is over, return to a cozy a cup of Swiss hot chocolate with friends and family and peer at the clear night sky, perfect for stargazing and intimate moments with a significant other.
7. Southern Ocean Lodge, Kangaroo Island, Australia
In the south of Australia, on Kangaroo Island, Southern Ocean Lodge floats atop limestone cliffs and a beautiful stretch of coast. The Osprey Pavilion offers panoramic views of the Indian Ocean and the paradise down under. Guests can also become engaged with the island by meeting sea lions at Seal Bay, or hiking through isolated paths with stunning views.
8. Singita, Grumeti, Tanzania
The Faru Faru Lodge is set in Grumeti of northern Tanzania amidst the magnificent African plains. The lodges are spacious and integrated with the outdoors, so much so that elephants, wildebeests, and giraffes can be seen from above. The lodge also offers safari tours and game drives to immerse guests in the Tanzanian wildlife. The lodge’s proximity to the plains is a first-row experience of scenic eastern Africa and its beautiful environment.
9. Kandolhu Island, Kandholhudhoo, Maldives
The Ocean Pool Villas of the Kandolhu Island rest on top of the Indian Ocean so that guests are always above water. The villas are designed with lavish, contemporary architecture, surrounded by clear water that exposes the coral underneath. The Indian Ocean seems so infinite in length that the sky and the water appear to blur together far in the distance. From the wooden deck of the suite, the sunsets can often make one feel as though they’ve slipped into a dream.
10. Enchantment Resort, Arizona, United States
South of the Grand Canyon is the scenic Sedona, Arizona, where the red rock formations naturally blend in with the sunset. It’s as if a massive paint brush went horizontally through the canyon with various shades of red, speckling the rock green as plant life. The Casita Pool Suite lies within the Boynton Canyon where each room offers an outdoor deck and a beehive fireplace to enjoy views of Sedona.
11. Jade Mountain, Soufrière, St. Lucia
It’s no secret that this mountain resort in the Caribbean is often regarded as one of the most romantic hotels in the world. Its various suites provide unobstructed sea views and St. Lucia’s Pitons, two mountainous volcanic spires. Bedrooms, living areas, and extravagant private infinity pools glide into one another to form extraordinary platforms which creates the illusion of floating out into nature.
12. Museum Hotel, Cappadocia, Turkey
Peer out from restored caves and stone houses for unmatched panoramic views of Turkish sunsets and rock formations. The hotel is located in Cappadoccia, a UNESCO world heritage site with stunning geological features of cone-shaped rocks. The broad horizon is dotted with hot air balloons filling the void between sky and earth –– truly a natural ‘vue’ of the Anatolian peninsula outdoors.